Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What Bill saw in Portofino...besides the bill for lunch!



Here we are approaching Portofino. A few blogs back I showed you a picture of me standing on a sidewalk. By journey's end there was no longer a sidewalk, just curvy roads with no visibility where cars honked as they approached the bend. Fortunately, we didn't die, although I was worried. Also, I am glad to report that both wrists are still intact!



Looks suspiciously medieval to me!
We actually hiked a fair bit to get this picture...we thought it was high up...an impression that would change the following day.


Having braved the narrow roads outbound, we decided to boat back to our hotel. Here I am wearing my new pashmina trying to look like I stepped out of To Catch a Thief. Actually, the breeze was nothing like Sarah and I experienced in Boston during the spring.
Here we are leaving the "port" of Portofino.
A really nice shot of that sailing ship.
This is looking at our harbor at S. Margherita Ligure.

No comments: