It takes a long time to upload pictures, so I decided to make the most of my time today (back at Cambridge) multi-tasking. Upload a picture here, iron Bill's tuxedo shirt there. Also, since the sun has been out intermittently today (we haven't seen the sun here since we returned from Italy) I would be able to see what I was ironing. That said, Bill and I have a "dickens" of a time, both in England and in Italy, selecting the proper laundry products. On more than one occasion in Italy we have purchased fabric softener instead of laundry detergent.
Knowing that I had to iron Bill's tuxedo shirt once we got to Cambridge (haven't had much luck with dry cleaners doing it), we made a special point to find spray starch at Sainsbury's. They don't carry such a thing, but they do have a smelly-nice, slightly starchy additive for steaming clothes while ironing; it's called Comfort. Well, today, I picked up the Persil (laundry detergent) instead of the Comfort and added it to the water receptacle in the iron. Oopsies! I didn't put a lot in before I realized my mistake. Trying to dilute the detergent, I added the Comfort and decided it was best to try ironing one of my shirts first. Little itty bitty bubbles started spitting from the iron! Yikes! My next plan was to flush the receptacle with tap water and that seemed to work. Anyway, that task is done. I think it's safer if I stick to blogging.
No comments:
Post a Comment