Friday, June 15, 2012

The Mad Hatter



We were bone weary the day after we returned from Italy. It must have been all of that mountain air! Anyway, we needed to walk into town for food, and we ended up exploring the stores in the Arcade. Had I any notion before we left that I would be trying on hats, I would have put on some make-up. Still, these pictures make for a funny story, make-up or not. I have to say that I don't know of any other country in the world where such impractical millinery exists.



The red-white-and-blue was out for the Queen's Jubilee.



The next three pictures are of the same hat. One thing is for sure: no two angles are the same! Actually, this is one of my two favorite hats. Of course, being poppy red is a good thing!



This hat is too big for me.
Silly flower petal hats!
As the larger hats go, the next one was kind of nice--good neutral tones. It could be used for a lot of occasions. The only problem is that everyone would remember it from the last time I wore it!
I liked the next hat, too.
Same hat. The Minnie Pearl price tag: priceless!
I always wondered how British women kept these hats on their heads. I mean, seriously, their off-centeredness defies gravity. However, they are kept in place by headbands...clever, those British!

No comments: