This year I have been using Hotels.com to find accommodations, and I've been quite pleased with it. My searches are generally based on location and amenities, as well as competitive pricing. The Hotel Bristol Palace met all three requirements, but I did not expect the finishes to be this exquisite! I have never seen a hotel staircase this grand.
This is not your usual skylight.
I love how the staircase is cantilevered.
The next picture is looking up to the skylight.
The room was equally grand--I mean so huge that I don't have a good picture of the room because it was so big. It was furnished with antiques from the ottocento, too. To top it off, it had a jacuzzi--it didn't work, but that's ok--a jacuzzi meant it had a tub, and in Italy that's priceless. It came with a large breakfast, too, in a pleasant, elegant dining room (18th century-ish done in pastels). Afterwards, Bill and I read papers (in Italian) in the reading room while we sipped (more) coffee. All of this on our budget! Yay! Hotels.com!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment