After our afternoon in Portofino, we decided to spend a quiet evening on the beach. We had climbed some rocks of the breakwater, and I was being very careful not to slip and hurt myself, especially after having avoided dying on the sidewalk-less curvy road to Portofino.
To assure better balance as I ventured out onto the rocks, I left my purse with Bill.
From the rocks I took this shot of our hotel, the Lido Palace.
And then our quiet evening was disturbed by the appearance of a man (drugged or drunken) and a carabinieri (carabiniero?).
The perp did not want to go with the policeman. Was he dialing a friend on his iPhone? By now, we had two policeman.
At about this time, the perp decided (repeatedly) to moon the cops. If that wasn't enough, he also pissed in their direction right into the sea. Now it may be indelicate of me to use the word piss, but that word conveys a certain crudeness that the more proper term urinate does not convey. Let's face it, he was being crude! I did not want to encourage him to act out, so I didn't take any pictures of him either mooning or pissing. Also, you can see from the picture below that we really weren't that far away from the action.
By now the perp's friend (in the blue T-shirt) decides to show up, along with two more carabinieri. Also, Perp I has lost his pants.
I don't know what happened here, but perp II got handcuffed and taken away by the police.
Meanwhile, Perp I is still in the water holding his cell phone. His pants are on the shore because he threw them at the police. At this point, I was beginning to fear for our lives, so we moved from our perch on the rocks to the little plaza that overlooks the beach.
Now his shoe is off and that, too, is going to be thrown at the police.
Perp I using hand gestures. Note: he has placed the iPhone in his underwear. I don't think that's a good idea!
People have begun to congregate on the plaza. Our hotel is in the near background.
Perp I is out of the water.
But not for long. He returns to the water and is followed by a cop, fully dressed and fully loaded.
Perp I goes under the water. I think his iPhone got wet.
Water Cop eventually falls into the water, getting his gun wet, which he eventually gives to Bald Cop who tucks the extra gun into his pants. I have never handled a gun, but I don't think they are supposed to get wet. In that respect, guns are a little like iPhones. Enter now a new character. I thought he was a citizen, while Bill thought he was a plain-clothes policeman. Like Perp I he strips down to his skivvies.
Two on one!
They nab the perp!
But the perp puts up a fight.
Bald Cop kicked (tripped) the perp and is being restrained from further police violence by another cop.
Perp I is still putting up a fight. He was a wiry guy. Meanwhile, he's getting kicked by some of the blue shirts. We heard basta by someone involved in the struggle, and I don't think it was from the perp because he continued to put up a fight . My guess is that at this point there was acknowledgement of police brutality.
Eventually, they wrestle him to the ground, flip him over, and cuff him. In the picture above, you can see the extra gun in the Bald Cop's pants.
No comments:
Post a Comment