Thursday, June 28, 2012

The June Event: eat, drink, and be merry



The formal dinner consisted of the following:
Champagne
Smoked Chicken with Oranges and Almond Salad
Medallion of Venison with Peppercorn and Juniper Sauce
Dauphinoise Potatoes
French Beans
Baked Tomatoes
Chocolate Tart with Coffee and Brandy Ice Cream
Coffee, chocolates, wine, and port

Above is a picture of the coffee and brandy ice cream in a little tulip cup of chocolate. It was the only picture I dared to take.

Later in the evening, when I went to get my sweater because it was chilly, Bill got me a drink. I was thinking something small, like port, but the selection was narrow. This is rum...straight rum. I think it's all I had for the rest of the evening!



Here's Bill at the barbecue line. There were pulled pork sandwiches, an Arkansas delicacy, but nobody was in the salmon shish kabob line, so Bill either filling sorry or not wanting to queue up, chose the fish.



If you wanted to smoke a hookah, you could, but I didn't.



I did like these cupcakes...went for two servings during the course of the evening.



We stood a long time in line for the crepes.



So that's what we ate and drank and avoided!

No comments: