Monday, June 4, 2012

A room with a view...a really good view, too!



Welcome to Santa Margherita Ligure. Our friends probably don't think of us as the "beach-y" type, but I just love a room with a view. Kudos to Hotels.com again for a gem of a room. We stayed here because this town has train access from Genoa, unlike Portofino.



The large ship on the horizon is a French cruise ship. I didn't know that beaches had little backhoes to smooth out the beach every night. Below is a view of the street and the sea from our balcony looking to the left.





Bill and I tended to take a lot of the same pictures. Above is his with clouds moving in. Below is mine with sunnier skies.



Here are some views at twilight (perhaps about 9 or 9:30 pm).


The name of the hotel is the Lido Palace.

No comments: