Saturday, June 23, 2012

Bill v. Brill

Becky took the above picture of us at the reflecting pond at the Wychwood Wild Garden. It's a lovely picture, and I couldn't have chosen better clothes for the occasion--my celery-colored pashmina and my peachy-pink sweater. I think they look spectacular against the greens and rose colors of the setting. But Bill, why didn't you tuck in your shirttail like I asked? Bill is not overly fastidious about his appearance, and the truth be told, it would kind of freak me out if he were a fussy dresser. Consequently, the above picture is one of Bill, a picture that captures his essence of thinking big thoughts where shirttails are overlooked.
Now Becky's nickname for Bill is Brill. I don't really know why. When she emailed me the lovely picture, I was thrilled except for that shirttail. Anyway, with a little photoshopping, she remedied Bill's untidyness. I consider the next picture to be of Brill. I hope to find a dual-sided picture frame where I can flip to either Bill's or Brill's picture, depending on my mood of the day.
Finally, I used the same technique to catch a smile on Bill's face as I had used on James. Shoot 'em when they're not looking!

No comments: