Friday, July 5, 2013

Leeds: A room with a view


Our room was quite spectacular.  I brought with me this book on the architecture of light.  I won't say it's "light" reading, but it's a far better book on lighting than I ever had in school.  I thought it appropriate to place it on our whimsical "light" table!


Here is our headboard.  It's concave and illuminated.  To this I will add that it's hard to find king-sized beds in England, so the next best thing for the two of us light sleepers is to opt for twin beds. 


We had the cutest night stands. 

This is a view of the foyer.  The designer carried the theme of the glass with inserts of colored glass into the frame of the mirror, and I like the frosted glass bathroom door, too.
 
This is our TV stand, coffee bar, pants press, iron holder, and refrigerator.  They provided both espresso and regular coffee cups, as well as wine glasses on the left side of the unit.
 
 
 

This is the bottle opener.  What a slick design!


Here are our hob and the Nespresso machine!  What a bonus to wake up to Ristretto espresso in the morning (especially when Bill brings it to me in bed!).  Note the size of this room.  London is quite a different story.



The coolest thing about our room was the circular closet.  There was even a window in it with the same glazing found on the headboard and on the mirrors.


Even the floor treatments were fun and whimsical.  On the right is the mosaic tile in the foyer and on the left carpet punctuated with random flecks of color that recalled the colored pieces of glass.


This is the view from one of our two windows. 

 
There was even a small-scale sized pool table on the mezzanine.  Bill beat me mercilessly in both games.  We thought of our good friend Roberta who would have handily beaten both of us!  In addition to all of the above amenities, the hotel offered a to-die-for breakfast.  All of the strides I had made to fit into my skinny jeans are now a thing of the past!  Anyway, the Radisson Blu in Leeds is a great place to stay.

No comments: