
The other evening while Bill and I were standing in the parking lot of TJ Maxx, Bill pointed out to me an unusual refraction of sunlight. Three things were remarkable about this phenomenon. First, it formed a straight line. Second, it began in the eastern sky and ended in the western sky. And third, it remained this way for at least 20 minutes. The above picture was taken from our street.

Bill and I often grow wistful for Roma when we look at the skies around town. Generally, our skies lack the variety of tints and of cloud formation that one can find in a maritime climate such as Rome's. In addition, the location of our house on the leeward side of a large hill covered in foliage helps to obscure views of the sky. However, by walking onto our street, I was able to snap these most delightful photos.

The view from the parking lot was all I needed to run home and grab my camera. These photos have not been enhanced by any color adjustments on Photoshop. In the following picture you can see remnants of our ice storm in both the lone branch on the left and the truncated one beneath it.
No comments:
Post a Comment