
In the past, Bill annually purchased a blue sticker that always guaranteed him a parking spot in one of the premier lots. However, when sticker rates skyrocketed to more than $600.00, he opted to park in a remote lot and walk. I, too, am doing the same and end up parking each day on Lafayette Street in front of the University Baptist Church. This is the view of Old Main from Lafayette.
As you know, I love trains, train stations, train whistles, and train tracks. I cross the tracks on this 1930s style bridge every morning and afternoon. The tracks were carved out of shale reserves. I learned that little fact in geology class.

Below is the Tri-Delta house where Catherine lived. I'm glad she was in Tri-Delta for two reasons: 1) it's the most striking house on sorority row and 2) it's the closest sorority to our design studio.

The horticulture department planted this lovely little piece of green space.

One of the things I miss most about Roma is that it (for us anyway) is a pedestrian-based community. This little porcellino was copied from the original Il Porcellino that we saw in Florence in 2005. Whenever I pass it, I pretend that I'm in Italy.

Below is the new addition to the Law School. I worked in this building last year. Now I'm in the old part of the building.

Last year I developed a series of branded signs. They're still using them!

I take the grand staircase up to Arsaga's each morning. The coffee doesn't begin to approach Primo's in Roma, but it is coffee and it is located in the building. It's not too bad, and there's a lovely view of campus, too.

Here we are at my desk. There's my branded orientation schedule (still in use), my coffee cup, and my phone. The hardest part of my job is handling the phone.

I really enjoy my commute to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment