Monday, August 10, 2009

Julia & moi III: Bouillabaisse de Poulet



Last night's fare was Julia's Bouillabaisse de Poulet. It was out-of-this-world delicious and very easy, too. Most of all, it was aromatic, thanks to crushed fennel seeds, thyme, garlic, a bay leaf, saffron, and orange zest. I had assembled the casserole before the 5 pm Mass. During Mass, however, I found myself thinking of the bouillabaisse and how lovely it smelled. Accompanying the chicken were mushrooms sauteed in butter and fresh thyme and brown rice. Of course, it wouldn't be a French dinner without wine; we had some of that, too. Speaking of wine, the recipe called for white wine, but we didn't have enough so I finished it off with red wine. It worked just fine.

P.S. Note to self: I used chicken thighs which I deboned. That was a good idea since this really should be served in a bowl with a spoon. Also, a luscious chocolate torte would make a very good dessert.

1 comment:

David W. Sanders said...

Wow. Mixing red and white would make me blush! I'm glad it turned out. It looks delicious.