
OK, I was motivated to cook something. I found a lovely eggplant and some spaghetti squash at Harp's, so I decided to make Julia's spaghetti squash tossed with eggplant persillade. I made this years ago, well, decades ago, and decided that the recipe would be improved by the addition of extra garlic. Julia's recipe calls for 2 or more large cloves of garlic, minced. I doubled it. It was delicious. The spaghetti squash was just right. This recipe comes from Julia Child & More Company.
I also started to prepare the food for Catherine's graduation party. I found a recipe on epicurious.com for a double-ginger sour cream bundt cake with ginger-infused strawberries. When Catherine got home from work she informed me that this must be for the adults because she really doesn't care for ginger. However, she was much relieved when she found out that I was also making the internationally-famous brownies and pound cake.
Bill expressed an interest in learning to bake. While at the store I bought him a three-pack of yeast. Maybe tomorrow he'll try his hand at homemade pizza dough.
No comments:
Post a Comment