







We are in Roma because of the students, so let me tell you about them. There are 10 humanities students from Fulbright College, 20 students from architecture (3 of whom are from the University of Kansas), and then the two of us. Last week a dozen students joined us in the Center's classroom to watch The Sound of Music in Italian with English subtitles. Jonathan and Frances are singing in the first photo.
The groups have merged as you can see from the pictures of the kids in the tree and in the niche.
The next two shots were taken before our sudden departure from the restaurant on election night.
Bill and I continue to learn things at the Center and attend all of the classes with the exception of the architecture studio which, incidentally, I greatly miss. Speaking of studio, do you know how to tell the difference between an architecture student and one in interior design? The architecture student always carries his or her sketch book. The last picture contains images of students sketching at different sites. Davide has even gotten the humanities students to draw. In one photo he was showing me how to draw rotundas in perspective at the Palazzo Barberini. I get the theory but I haven't mastered the technique yet.
Bill and I have been blessed to have had the pleasure now of knowing two fabulous classes of students.
No comments:
Post a Comment