Friday, January 27, 2012

Reflections



We were struck this trip by the beautiful reflections. So I bring you some of our favorite images. Above is a picture taken in Lecce. You can see both Bill and me in the picture.

December 26th was a national holiday for the Italians. Like all of the Romans that day, Bill and I decided to take a stroll along the Tiber. Except for a few tourist traps, all of the stores in town were closed. The next picture is an image of Richard Meier's Ara Pacis. I read last year that there is talk of extending the green space in front of the building towards the Tiber. If so, the city will have to build an underpass along the Lungotevere. Excavations of any sort take a long time in the Eternal City because the process includes careful archeological analysis.


The pictures of the Palace of Justice, above, and the Tiber upstream, below, were taken from the same spot.

Beautiful views of St. Peter's dome.
And I saved the best for last. One evening during the first week of our stay, we decided to walk over to the Vatican which was only about 10-15 minutes away by foot. Bill took this picture of the Castel Sant'Angelo. The Tiber was incredibly calm that night. Didn't Bill take a wonderful picture?

No comments: