Thursday, January 5, 2012

Our apartment: part II



Now I'll take you on a tour of the other part of our apartment. Imagine, if you will, that our floor plan is in the shape of an "L." The rest of the apartment is aligned at a right angle to the living area that you saw in yesterday's blog.

We must be upscale because we have two staircases. In the picture above you have the view to the "matrimonial bed," as they call them here. In case it goes unnoticed, there's not much in the way of a "matrimonial floor" in this loft!

While I've had issues with the internet, this apartment has GREAT beds. No black eyes for Bill this time (see 2008). In the past we have had either old, saggy, short, or narrow beds. In addition, we have wonderful lighting throughout the apartment.

Here is what I see at night. The stairs are narrow and steep. For safety reasons (I don't want any more broken bones), we have to keep the bathroom light on below when we go to bed. Still, the shadows are interesting.
Now you can see the yellow fabric privacy panel and the "floor space." Not much floor space, is there?
Because of the construction of the master bedroom loft, there are gaps. I have to be VERY careful when I make the bed. MIND THE GAP! The railing also doubles as a coat rack since the armoire space is too short for our coats.
There are two large mirrors to enlarge the sense of space.
Here I am spying on Bill while he does some research. This picture may not make sense yet. Because of the problem with the internet connection, I didn't plan the sequence of the pictures very well this time. Mi scusi.
Here are some pictures of the staircase and Bill's "study."


On the main floor in the same area of Bill's study is my armoire and my "dresser." You can't see them in the picture, but the hat hooks are quite whimsical.
Here's the bathroom. Sadly, no tub and no bidet--call this the Americano suite! But the stripes you see on the bathroom wall, as well as the backsplash in the kitchen, are composed of strips of marble and/or granite. One other thing about the apartment is that the water pressure is great and there's plenty of hot water.
If the gods of the internet are with me tomorrow, I'll show you the art work in the apartment. Buona notte!

No comments: