
The main reason for taking this apartment is that Bill (who can't navigate at all) could easily get to the American Academy in Rome from here via two buses. As for the Vatican Library, all he has to do is follow the dome!
However, the fact that the owner has actually and noticeably designed the apartment appealed to me. The inspiration for much of the accent pieces that follow is his father's career in electrical engineering--well, that's what I think I understood from his Italian. The first two entries don't seem to fit the theme of insulators, nevertheless, they are quite whimsical, and I like that.

These hang above the sofa.
I like the squiggles.
The painting below hangs in the stairwell to the master bedroom.
The wooden pieces below are, in fact, insulators.
Another plaster relief work.
Well, that's about all I have to say about the apartment. It's really a nice place to stay if you want to be in the center of Roma. Definitely, the best rest we've ever gotten here and very clean. The landlord is most accommodating and even delivered Christmas cookies to us.






No comments:
Post a Comment