Friday, May 1, 2009

You know you need to find a job when...

you arrange your cookbooks according to both size and color. Incidentally, all of the books on the desktop itself are design-related books. When I get a job they'll go to my desk at work.



Your turtlenecks are organized by color (in your daughter's closet).



The blue sweaters in your sweater closet hang out with other blue sweaters, and so forth.



But most of all, you really know it's time to get a job when you arrange not only your own spools of thread but your deceased mother's (she's been gone 12 years now), as well, by color.



Yes, it's time to lock me away or get me a job. As for the sweater closet and thread drawer these are just design solutions of my own design. It's only arranging the stuff in them that is a little crazy.

Somebody hire me soon! I'm running out of things to arrange in this house!

3 comments:

CW said...

Don't give up hope! These little details you love so much can be employed in your job search. I just read a great book called The Power of Small. They have some really good tips like-

Keep a list of 5 daily positives/accomplishments so you can go into an interview confidently talking about what you've been doing since your last job. Grab a copy, it's a short read but really helpful-I just finished the second week at my job!

Sharon Moore said...

Your closets are scarier than my Virgo ones! And I wish I had so many sweaters!

Tricia said...

I only have so many sweaters because I rarely get rid of stuff. I still have sweaters given to me by my mom's friend (Mel would be in her 60s now) that she had knitted when she was in her teens! They're beautiful and warm.