Tuesday, May 19, 2009

R.I.P.

This is the big hole left from the uprooting of the ash tree. Bill had the brilliant idea to partially fill it with some of the extra rocks we have. Billy's girlfriend, Sarah, referred to it as a rock grave.



We do have a problem with too many rocks. I have been bagging them in Wal-Mart bags. Here they await disposal. I throw them away in our garbage can. In Fayetteville, our weekly trash is deposited into a trash can that comes in one of three sizes. We have the smallest sized can. (Here I am building on sympathy from my readers; you see I'm not a huge eco-criminal, just a small one.) The trash cans are hoisted mechanically by an arm of the garbate truck and not by human effort. So for the past few weeks, I fill the can half full with bags o' rocks before I add the real garbage. You can see by the bags below that it will take some time before I've eliminated all unwanted rocks. Once I get rid of the rocks, then I can begin to bag the pea pebbles which the previous owners used as mulch--not a good idea in my mind. And then after the pea pebbles, comes the boat. Anyone want to buy a used sailboat?

May all of our rocks rest in peace.

No comments: