
Every summer the Fayetteville Parks and Recreation Department sponsors a series of summer concerts in Gulley Park. Gulley Park is just a few short blocks from our house. For us, it's an easy jaunt to catch the music.
It's also a fun place to run into friends. Here is Jonathan, one of Bill's former Roma 2008 students. We ran into others we knew, but let's face it, if you shoot a picture with five people in it, usually at least one person looks pretty goofy and that was the case with my other pictures.

There are people there of all ages. I don't think this little girl was really into the music, but she sure liked her bottle.

Roberta stopped at the Maggy Moo both to get some ice cream--something like cake-dough ice cream with caramel sauce and little M&Ms. I prefer Graeter's hot fudge sundaes over mint chocolate chip ice cream or a grapefruit gelato at Giolitti's in Roma.

Ostensibly, we came for the music. The musician is Jason D. Williams. He has been compared to Jerry Lee Lewis but claims that to the best of his knowledge Jerry Lee is not his father. I have never seen such a frenetic musician. For that matter, I have never seen such a frenetic adult, even during my days at SSA. It seems Jason may have skipped his meds. This guy plays the piano with his hands, with his elbows, with his feet from sitting, standing, and prone positions, in front of, below, and upon the piano. He was literally all over the place. Incidentally, he played for Clinton at the White House--I hope he brought his own keyboard with him that night!
At the end of the evening we walked back to our home.
No comments:
Post a Comment