Since the premature demise of my external hard drive, I have come to the conclusion that I have been tempting Fate every time I sit on the family room sofa and maneuver my laptop from the end table to my lap. Consequently, I have decided to move the computer to a proper desk and work from it like an adult. I don't like it.
My computer runs hot so it must rest on a cushion of air. I have a contraption for that but it makes my computer too high even when I put it on the kitchen desk which I designed to be lower than most adult desks. At the moment, my computer is resting on a cookie sheet which is not really much better than the stand made specifically for this purpose.
The problem is with my chair. The cane chair is too small, the bent wood chair is too hard, and the computer chair in Bill's study (a discard from SSA) lists a little to starboard and pushes me forward so that I feel as if I'm going to fall out of it. With the exception of the goofy computer chair, the others are too low which make it difficult to type. I also don't like it when the back of my upper legs are cut off by the edge of the chair. Frankly, I don't like sitting like a lady. Now while I complain that today's oversized furniture doesn't fit a petite person like me (I'm officially petite since I'm under 5'3"), I do like chairs to extend to the underside of my knees for those occasions when I must sit like a lady. Incidentally, why do we not have a word in the English language for the back side of the knee?
Lacking the money for a proper desk chair, I have opted for the bent wood chair with an added cushion for the seat and a footstool for my feet.
Goldilocks doesn't find this a suitable solution. Hmmm. I wish those bears would do something about her dilemma.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment