Friday, February 27, 2015

Roma: la famiglia

We always love to get together with Kikka and her family. Last time we were here we had Christmas Eve dinner with them with 20+ courses! This year I decided to pace myself. The table looks innocent enough, right? The table is set for the antipasti. By the way, candied ginger tastes really good with cheese. (Peggy, that tip I'm sharing with you.)


Riccardo and Kikka's parents, Alessandra and Fabio


2 pastas...I took small servings.


Kikka, Riccardo and Alessandra


Kikka's dad and her mother-in-law


Riccardo's dad watching the soccer game!


I maybe had two servings of this pasta with Gorgonzola piccante, sauteed pears and walnuts.


And don't forget the two secondi and the two contorni!


And a tray of Italian pastries. Yum! I had one and a half.


Then there was a second tray of pastries. You know, you just have to try one. Mine was filled with a chocolate nut cream. Fortunately, since I was pacing myself, I could eat it.


Surprise! A third tray of dessert pastries. Frappe or what Italians eat for carnivale! Mio dio!


Kikka's mother-in-law made this wonderful digestivo from bay leaves. It was so good!


After dinner it was time to visit Kikka and Riccardo's new home in the same quartiere as Kikka's parents and her sister.


Someone is camera shy!


Kikka's mom


Kikka showing me where the vent hood will go.


Kikka's sister listening to a description of the changes.


Italian construction is much different from ours--masonry construction, plaster walls, no duct work for heat or air conditioning.


And their 220 volts go through these conduits.


Kikka is proudly displaying her Italian-designed faucet.


I can't wait to see the finished product!

No comments: