London is a mighty expensive town, so I am going to comment on pairs of free things I've received in the past two days.
1. 2 free holes: Yes, I bought a red patent leather belt in Fayetteville, but at the time of the purchase I was wearing rather low-rider jeans. When I put on the belt with my better pants with a belt-line closer to my waist, the belt was too big. Figuring that Harrod's might know of a competent (read, picky hole puncher person), I paid a visit to the Harrod's shoe repairman. Yes, he works in the lower level (read, basement) of the store. When I asked what I owed him, he said, "Nothing." Harrods! Can you imagine that!
2. 2 free flip-through booklets: Bill and I each received a book that allows you to get an animated view of the Rolling Bridge. If you hold the book one way, you see the bridge roll up, and if you hold it the other way, you see the bridge roll down. More on that later.
3. 2 free piggies: If you're nice with the Romanian clerk at a pastry shop and ooh-aww over the little confection piggies, you might just get one or two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment