Such a beautiful country!
Here is some lava rock. I was amazed by the color variation of the rocks.
This picture shows the layers of rock covered by a blanket of vegetation.
Up close there is a lot of variation in the fragile-looking vegetation.
Another fuzzy hillside.
This flower grows in lava rock against all odds!
After this we rode back to the University of Iceland. On the way home we passed paddocks of Icelandic horses. They are smaller than standard horses but larger than ponies. Our guide told us that they have an additional gait, as well. It is said that when you ride at this gait you can carry a glass of champagne and it won't spill. I think I would like to ride this kind of horse...with a glass of champagne! Here is a link to a website about these horses: http://www.icelandhorse.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment