
When I think of New Jersey, I think of Scrabble. My fondest memories involve my repeated attempts to beat my sister-in-law Diane at this game. I consider the trip to be successful when I can beat her at least once a visit. The above board was actually laid out after we played a game. It seemed to be an appropriate segue to a wedding in New Jersey.
The first thing we did when we arrived in NJ was to meet Kristen and Eric for dinner at Macaroni Grill. From left to right are Catherine, Sarah (Billy's girlfriend), Billy, Bill (at the head of the table), Pieter (Karen's husband), Karen (Bill's twin and mother of the bride), Kristen (the bride), and Eric (the groom). I'm surprised that our side of the table looked so alert for the picture--we woke up at 3:00 am!

On Friday we went to Grandma and Grandpa's home. At the other end of their townhouse we were met by this deer.

He's at the edge of the walk to the front door!

Here are Catherine and Bill's mom. Neither one really likes to play Scrabble.

Before we left, Sarah had asked what Bill's parents were like. Dad loves to discuss issues, nearly any issue, and like Bill, he enjoys an audience, too. I don't know what the three of them were discussing, but they were really focused on the topic.

On Friday night we went to Sushi & Wok. Next to Bill is his dad. Across from Bill is Diane, his older sister and the one to beat in Scrabble.

Billy was thrilled that from the word aqua he was able to compose the word aquarium. Incidentally, Diane won, Billy came in second, one point ahead of me, I was third, and Catherine and Sarah were fourth. I don't think the girls cared for the game, although Sarah was quite tickled with herself when she was able to form a word that worked both vertically and horizontally, the latter being directly adjacent to her new word.

So all of these events occurred before the wedding. To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment