Sunday, September 13, 2009

Family Night



This was our first fully attended "family night." Family night is a tradition that was started by Rhonda and Chuck Adams whereby all family members in town, including significant friends, get together for dinner at Mexico Viejo. And so it was with us tonight. We kind of started our own tradition last Sunday following Mass at St. Thomas. Last Sunday, Catherine, Billy, and Sarah joined us for dinner at Tim's Pizza. This week we headed to Mexico Viejo and were joined by Peter, Catherine's boyfriend. He's been spending nearly every waking hour studying for the DAT exam (the dental school admission exam).

It was nice to have everybody together for Mass. We all squeezed into the last pew. For Sarah, Billy, and me, it was our second service of the day. You see, Billy and I joined Sarah at UBC (University Baptist Church) for her service. I felt right at home there, especially when the congregation sang "Holy, Holy, Holy." Apparently, it's not uncommon to be a double-dipper at church these days. I also ran into my SSA boss's son at both services; he's also a former student of Bill's.

No comments: