
When I was a student in Roma during the fall of 2005, one of my design assignments was nearly identical to that of the architecture students. Perhaps most extraordinary is that they were 4th-year architecture students while I was a 2nd-year interior design student. At the time I had not yet learned CAD and one of the classes I was completing in Rome was Presentations, i.e., hand-rendered images. Consequently, I had a few drawings of my interiors that semester that were not required of the other students, while they had some rendered exterior views not required of me. Consequently, I never articulated the exterior of the building I designed, until now.
The site for this assignment was a real place in the center of Roma, exactly where Mussolini had left a "scar" as he cleared away a swathe of land in his efforts (unsuccessful, I might add) to connect Rome with the sea. Since 2005, Bill and I have taken to calling it "my" scar, and I have very fond memories whenever I'm in that area, even today.
One of the things on my "to do" list while in Roma this time was to take some more pictures of the site. Fortunately, bus 881 from Kikka's home terminated right here. The picture above is a composite of one of my old pictures of the site and a Revit rendering of my project. As you can see, the light is kind of flat. The new pictures below, however, are much more vibrant. Once I recover from jet lag I plan to tackle Revit again. I will insert my building into the new pictures. Of course, to do this convincingly means that I have to place my camera appropriately and select the proper sunlight conditions. Well, I'll think about that tomorrow. I'm still too tired to tackle anything more than updating my blog!




No comments:
Post a Comment