Monday, April 13, 2009

12. Hugo's



This restaurant hasn't changed since we moved here 30 years ago. Hugo's is located in the basement of an older building just north of the Square.



It's decor is ecclectic.



And there's lots of stuff to look at on the walls.



Since this is a basement restaurant, natural light comes from only three sources: the door, the window in the first picture, and the glass blocks embedded in the sidewalk. My favorite part of the space is along the blue wall in the picture above because it's directly underneath the sidewalk and those glass blocks.



This is the bar. More kitch on the walls.



But the real reason to visit Hugo's is to eat the best hamburger in town--really juicy burgers on lightly buttered and toasted buns. Yummmm.



And homemade fries, too! Honestly, I had never had homemade fries until I moved to Fayetteville. There is a huge difference between fresh fries and frozen. Their fries are so good that I didn't even need to Photoshop the above picture!



Of course as good at lunch at Hugo's is, it's much better to share the experience with my daughter, Catherine.

No comments: