Monday, January 5, 2009

It's D-day!



It's D-day at the Quinn household. After years, OK, decades, of denial that Bill should go on a diet, he has finally acquiesced. I'm going to go on a diet, too, because this time I didn't lose weight in Roma. I'm not sure why I didn't lose weight. Perhaps it was because we were posted there for only two months instead of four. Or maybe because my metabolism has hit its stodgy middle-age stasis. Or perhaps it's because I did the cooking this time instead of Bill? Chissa'? Our doctor informed us that our ideal weight is what we weighed when we graduated from high school. That would put Bill at 165 and me at about 105. Hmmmm..... If Roma didn't take away unwanted pounds, at least I can thank Davide in Roma for serving as a poster child for sucessful dieting. Davide has trimmed up since we last saw him. As to why Bill finally agreed to go on a diet, I can't really say. Was Bill thinking 'if Davide could do it, so can I'? Or does Bill simply want an excuse for a new wardrobe? After all, last week he did purge his closet of unwanted clothes. So it's water, veggies, fruits, skim milk, more veggies, and lean fish and meats for us. But now what do I do with the leftover plum pudding, ham, and Cumberland sauce? And that's the skinny of it!

2 comments:

David W. Sanders said...

Just keep on asking each other, "Does this glass of water make me look fat?"

Sharon Moore said...

Yes, I also weighed 105 until my first year of college. After a quart of eggnog over my unRoman holidays, I'm back to Zoning it--tonight I had steak salad with arugula & endive & avocado. In any case, you are a very handsome couple!