Friday, September 26, 2008

Moving on

Two weeks from tonight, Bill and I will be on an airplane headed to Roma. Finally, I can begin to think about Italia because today I passed the LEED-Commercial Interiors exam. For the first time in my life I have earned credentials behind my name. I am Tricia Reed Quinn, LEED AP. I'm very happy to have passed this exam for several reasons. First and foremost, I don't have to study anymore. I know that's hard to believe since, for the last four years, that's all I've done. Furthermore, this exam is ridiculously expensive. $400.00 just for the priviledge of taking the test. Of course, I was lucky in that respect to have won a certificate from ASID for a free exam. Thank goodness I passed, especially since it was on their dime.

Now that the exam is over, it's time to move on. To celebrate, I began to pack and iron my clothes for Roma. I think I'm taking too many clothes and shoes. 2 coats, 2 skirts, 2 tailored jackets, maybe 7 pairs of pants not counting a pair of jeans, and I honestly don't know how many pairs of shoes. Why? you ask. Well, I'm a bit of a chameleon. When I was a student, I wanted to be taken as a student (from behind, at least). Now I want to be taken as an Italian woman...from behind. Although I don't think I will fool anyone. I have North American thighs, not long and leggy European ones.

So, I can turn my thoughts to my beloved Roma. Finalmente!

No comments: