Monday, September 23, 2024

Musei Capitolini

The Capitoline Museums are found in the palazzos off the Piazza del Campidoglio. Now that I am at the Rome Center with reliable WiFi, I can post some of the works of art housed there.

Boy removing splinter from his foot, "Spinario"
2nd half of the 1st century BC

The She-wolf, "Lupa Capitolina," with Romulus & Remus
Early 5th century BC

Marcus Aurelius
This is the original in erected 176 AD. 
A copy of this statue is located in the center of the Campidoglio.

A very big bronze hand

Lion attacking a horse

Torso of Dionysius, ca 160-200 BC

One example of the busts on display. We think we missed the large display-must go back!

Hannibal on his elephant

The history of ancient Rome was projected on this marble wall in both English and Italian. If the text was read in Italian, the projected subtitles were projected on the wall and vice versa.

I thought the faces on this fresco were funny.

The interior grandeur of the Capitoline Museums.

This guy needs braces!



No comments: