We arrived in London after an unduly arduous transatlantic flight filled with not one, but two, delays. The first delay lasted 8 hours because Delta had to repair the plane (unnerving) and the second hour-long delay occurred when a passenger's face met the floor of the gateway (no doubt as a result of the incommodious conditions of going without sleep and eating lukewarm cheeseburgers for dinner at 3 am). Once again, Bill and I spent another uncomfortable night on the floor of an airport. Here is what is possibly the worst selfie ever of us on the floor. Delta held us prisoners at the gate because the plane was going to be fixed "any minute now." Bill actually got some sleep in this position as confirmed by his snoring. I moved to a quieter place alongside a young woman in Business Elite who had actually paid to sleep in a bed on the plane, but like me found herself on the floor of Delta's Gate E32! By the time we were en route, I was so tired that I couldn't watch any movie to its conclusion.


For this leg of the trip we are staying in Bayswater, one block north of Hyde Park. Within 10 minutes we can walk to Kensington Gardens. It's a residential neighborhood and I really prefer this part of London to Bloomsbury.
Today's pictures include shots of our trip through Hyde Park on the first full day in London.
The sculpture below was one of four mounted on the huge
(and quasi-religious) monument to Prince Albert.
Two male ducks were having a face-off!
Bill spotted this statuesque heron in the Italian Garden at Hyde Park.
It is a live bird, really.
It's very nice being close to Hyde Park.
No comments:
Post a Comment